Deep eklypsis

10 Apr 2008

Of Montreal - The Past Is A Grotesque Animal

The past is a grotesque animal and in it's eyes you seeHow completely wrong you can beThe sun is out it melts the snow that fell yesterday makes you wonder why itbotheredI fell
in love with the first cute girl that I met who could appreciate georgebatailleStanding at swedish festival discussing the "story of the eye"It's so embarrassing to need someone like I do youHow can I explain I need you here and not here tooI'm flunking out I'm gone I'm just gone but at least I author my own disasterPerformance breakdown and I don't want to hear itI'm just not available things could be different but they're notThe mousy girl screams violence violence she gets hystericalCause they're both so mean and it's my favorite sceneBut the cruelty's so predictable it makes you sad on the stageThough our love project has so much potential but it's like we weren't made forthis worldThough I wouldn't really want to meet someone who wasDo I have to scream in your face?I've been dodging lamps and vegetablesThrow it all in my face I don't careLet's just have some funLet's tear this shit apartLet's tear the fucking house apartLet's tear our fucking bodies apart but let's just have some funSomehow you've red rovered the gestapo circling my heartAnd nothing can defeat you no death no ugly worldYou've lived so brightly you've altered everythingI find myself searching for oldselvesWhile speeding forward through the plate glass of maturing cellsI've played the unraveler the parhelionBut even Apocalypse is fleetingThere's no death no ugly worldSometimes I wonder if you're mythologizing me like I do youWe want our film to be beautiful not realisticPerceive me in the radiance of terror dreamsAnd you can betray me but teach me something wonderfulCrown my head crowd my head with your lilting effectsProject your fears onto meI need to view themSee there's nothing to themI promise you there's nothing to themI'm so touched by your goodness you make me feel so criminalHow do you keep it together? I'm all all unraveledBut you know no matter where we areWe're always touching by underground wiresI've explored you with the detachment of an analystBut most nights we've raided the same kingdomsAnd none of our secrets are physical now




posted by minimalview at 05:06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home